Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bisbee photos, as promised.

There is a hike up to the top of the hill overlooking Bisbee. Yesterday, I thought I'd take this hike. Got half way up and turned around because I lost the trail which was entirely rocky and quite steep. I also had neglected to tell anyone I was going. A couple of near-tripping incidents and I realized I'd have a hard time getting back down the hill if say, I sprained an ankle. However, I'll try again with hiking poles and a more detailed inquiry as to the route. Maybe I can find someone to go with me.

All was not lost, however. I had a chance to get some good photos of Bisbee from a unique perspective. Here they are, enjoy.

Note Hwy 80, behind the town at the base of the far mountains.


Roots on the rocky trail all look like snakes! Fortunately, tis not the season for snakes now, they hibernate.


Erosion control.


Mining pollution remediation. Cute little conveyor belt system, small dump trucks.


"Reconstructed" retaining wall. Yikes!


Double retaining wall?


Corner retaining wall.


Really old retaining wall.


Cute retaining wall.


Retaining wall rehab.

Another post comming with Bisbee stairs, and some local color.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me want to go live in Bisbee! I always thought it was a cute little town, wish I had gotten to the actual town when I lived in Tucson. Thanks for these pictures, love them!

    ReplyDelete