Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bisbee No. 1

First, lovely little Bisbee, just waking up at dawn. View from my back passenger side window.



The view from my center back window, across Hwy 80. Notice the human made stone structure or foundation on the hillside. This RV park is up on a bluff overlooking the highway, the town, and a couple of mountains. Some sites overlook the pit mine. I was trying to find a location in Bisbee that would let me take a photo from afar of my RV, but I couldn't fnd a view. No wonder this RV park has a low profile in town. You can't see it from anywhere!


Thought I was at Burning Man for a minute.


Stone walls.


I didn't get too many more photos yesterday because I got sidetracked here. Thought I heard live music coming from this direction, and one thing led to another.


On my way back to the car, another stone wall, advertising the Bisbee 1000 and Ironman Ice race, which consists of a route through town climbing up various staircases totalling 1000 steps. The staircases were apparently built by the WPA during the depression to follow the old original mule paths. They're everywhere, but hard to photograph.


A spot on Tombstone Canyon Road. Note stairs going up to blue house. I think the rock formation is natural, i.e. not the result of mining.


A little wall between the two spires of rock.


Much more to see, do and photograph. Will try not to get sidetracked again, but no promises.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love these photos! I've never stopped in Bisbee, which is strange, since I lived in Tucson for 4 years. Put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't getting sidetracked the whole point!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete