Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sandia Mountains Hike

So who knew I was turning into a hiker! Just love it! Very invigorating. Probably because it is windy cold up at 10,682 ft. even on a sunny day.

Looking East from an almost empty parking lot at the Sandia Crest trailhead. The views are spectacular in all directions, for 100 miles.


You would not be amiss in thinking this might be a good location for antenae, and you would be correct. A photo of only part of the antenae farm.


However, once out on the trail, you can see craggy vistas like this one.


And this one. Southeast Albuquerque is visible in the distance.


Wondered if anyone had ever made it out to this point.


Yours truly, not close enough to the edge to be concerned. There were, however, lots of edges! The green belt in the distance is the Rio Grande river. This day's hike was about 3 1/2 miles. Us same three hikers hope to do a 7 mile hike on Monday, another trail in the Sandia Mountains. Am I glad I got those trekking poles. Pray for my knees!  :-)


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kathy, these are beautiful pictures! Wish I had been hiking with you, but my knee still needs more healing! How wonderful that you are having such great experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, glad you are enjoying your travels. I enjoy following where this Lautz is wandering.

    ReplyDelete